Visiting St. Petersburg
Travelers to St. Petersburg give high marks for the live music scene, popular theater scene, and baseball games. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, entertainment choices, and art. Top sights in the city include Salvador Dali Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, and The Pier.
- You'll find 2561 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 9.9 mi (16 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Petersburg
Known for its live music, theaters, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Salvador Dali Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, and Great Explorations Children's Museum. Baseball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Tropicana Field, Al Lang Stadium, or Derby Lane. Other notable sights to explore include The Pier and Sunken Gardens.
In St. Petersburg, there are 201 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites St. Petersburg Downtown - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its overall value and nice bathrooms.
- Watergarden Inn at the Bay - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Seminole Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Fort De Soto Park, 12.4 mi/19.9 km from the heart of the city, and Tampa Convention Center, which is 16.2 mi/26.1 km away.
Dressing for St. Petersburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 54°F at night
- St. Petersburg gets about 50.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 55°F