Visiting Sun Prairie
Visitors to Sun Prairie are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, entertainment choices, and opera houses. Olbrich Botanical Gardens, Wisconsin State Capitol, and Wisconsin Historical Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 140 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Madison
- The closest major airport is in Madison, WI (MSN-Dane County Regional), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sun Prairie
The city's cultural venues include Sun Prairie Historical Library and Museum and Angell Park Speedway. Favorite family attractions include Sun Prairie Ice Arena and Sun Prairie Family Aquatic Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Firemen's Park in the Prairie and Sun Prairie Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Sun Prairie. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Quality Inn & Suites Sun Prairie Madison East - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Sun Prairie/Madison E - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- McGoverns Hotel and Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Olbrich Botanical Gardens, located 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center, and Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, which is 12.4 mi (20 km) away.
Dressing for Sun Prairie
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sun Prairie is 34.45 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 14°F