Families will find kid-friendly activities in Surprise, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its baseball games. Around the area, top sights include Peoria Sports Complex, Gila River Arena, and University of Phoenix Stadium.
- You'll find 3237 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Phoenix, AZ (PHX-Sky Harbor Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Surprise
While baseball fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Surprise Stadium. Additionally, you might want to add Centennial Friendship Park to your agenda.
In Surprise, you'll find 79 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Phoenix NW/Surprise - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Holiday Inn Express Surprise - Our customers like the convenient parking and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix-Surprise - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Peoria Sports Complex, 5.8 mi/9.4 km from the heart of the city, and Gila River Arena, which is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) away.
Dressing for Surprise
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 105°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 106°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 93°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Surprise is 8.27 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 104°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F