History buffs will enjoy exploring Swords, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Garden of Remembrance, 3Arena, and Ha' Penny Bridge.
- You'll find 825 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Swords
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Swords Castle. Golfing is a top activity, and Swords Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pavilions Shopping Centre and The Wright Venue.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Swords. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Evergreen B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Rathview House B&B - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- San Augustine Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Garden of Remembrance, 8.1 mi/13 km from the city center, and The Convention Centre Dublin, which is 8.5 mi/13.6 km away.
Dressing for Swords
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Swords is 29.88 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F