Visitors to Sylva are sure to enjoy the mountain views, university setting, and restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and casinos.
- You'll find 586 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cherokee
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 38.9 mi (62.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 52.3 mi (84.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sylva
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Waterrock Knob. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Southwestern Community College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Heinzelmannchen Brewery and Poteet Memorial Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Sylva. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Blue Ridge Inn - Our customers like the central location and clean rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sylva - Western Carolina Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Sylva
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sylva is 54.21 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F