Visitors to Tampico are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, cafés, and live music. A top sight in the city is Playa Miramar.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Tampico
- The closest major airport is in Tampico, Tamaulipas (TAM-General Francisco Javier Mina Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tampico
Notable city landmarks like Church of St. John Bosco and Inmaculada Concepcion Cathedral might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Playa Miramar and Laguna del Carpintero. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Altama City Center and Huasteca Cultural Museum.
In Tampico, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Tampico - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Arenas Del Mar - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a private beach, a restaurant, and free parking.
- City Express Tampico Altamira - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Tampico
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Tampico gets about 48.70 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F