Visitors to Tavares are sure to enjoy the festivals, lakeside setting, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- You'll find 364 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Leesburg
- The closest major airport is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tavares
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Wooten Park. In the area, you'll also find Eustis Village Shopping Center and ViaPort Florida.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Tavares. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares - Leesburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Key West Resort on Lake Dora - This 3-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Tavares
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- About 51.22 inches of rain falls on Tavares each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 50°F