Visitors can enjoy all that Thorshofn has to offer including its waterfront. In Thorshofn, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thorshofn
Favorite places to visit in the city include Church of Thorshofn, Thorshofn Pool, and Thorshofn Harbor. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Thorshofn, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 5 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Thorshammer guesthouse is located in the heart of Thorshofn. Located in Langanesbyggð, this 3-star guesthouse features a kitchen, free WiFi, and a patio.
- Guesthouse Lyngholt is located within 1.1 mi (1.8 km) of the city center. This 3-star guesthouse in Langanesbyggð features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Guesthouse Klettur is 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Langanesbyggð can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Thorshofn
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 36°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 49°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 43°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Thorshofn is 1.22 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 51°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F