Visitors can enjoy all that Thunderbolt has to offer including the gardens, waterfront, and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture and entertainment choices.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Thunderbolt
- The closest major airport is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thunderbolt
Favorite places to visit in the city include Bahia Bleu Marina, Tidewater Boatworks Marina, and Savannah Bend Marina. You'll also find Crossroads Shopping Center and Savannah State University in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Thunderbolt, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 412 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- 2612 Whatley Ave Apartment #7B 2 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms Townhouse is located within 0.2 mi (0.3 km) of the city center. This 4-star hotel in Savannah features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- 2612 Whatley Ave Condo Unit 3 is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Savannah can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Exquisite Cottage Near Historic Savannah and Tybee is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Savannah can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Thunderbolt
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Thunderbolt is 47.99 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F