Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Venice, which is also known for its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach and Siesta Key Public Beach.
- You'll find 3469 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 21 mi (33.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 30.3 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Venice
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Venice Beach, Centennial Park, and Venetian Waterway Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Venice Theater and Venice Train Depot.
In Venice, there are 118 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn at the Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Venice - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Venice Beach Villas - This 3-star condo features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its comfortable rooms and first-rate property condition.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Siesta Key Public Beach, 13.3 mi/21.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Venice
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- About 50.55 inches of rain falls on Venice each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F