Visiting Vero Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vero Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and fun sporting events. Top sights in the city include Holman Stadium at Dodgertown, McKee Botanical Garden, and Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 320 hotels and other accommodations in Vero Beach
- The closest major airport is in Vero Beach, FL (VRB-Vero Beach Municipal), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stuart, FL (SUA-Witham Field), 33.5 mi (54 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vero Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: McKee Botanical Garden, Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge, and Royal Palm Pointe Park. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Vero Beach Country Club, Vero Beach Municipal Marina, and Whisper Lakes Golf Course are favorite sights to visit. Baseball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Holman Stadium at Dodgertown, John B. Park Sports Complex, or First Data Field.
In Vero Beach, you'll be able to select from 320 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Old Colorado Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Salt Dancer Mega Yacht Vacation - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this cruise ship. This 2.5-star cruise ship features a marina, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Road Runner Travel Resort - Caravan Park - With a stay at this 2.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Vero Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vero Beach is 56.93 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F