Visitors can enjoy all that Vididalstunga has to offer including its parks. There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vididalstunga
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kolufossar Falls. Additionally, you'll find Borgarvirki and Icelandic Seal Center Museum in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Vididalstunga, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 18 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Huts in Víðidalur is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star cottage in Hvammstangi features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
- Dæli Guesthouse is located 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Hvammstangi can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- North West Hotel & Restaurant is located within 3.8 mi (6.1 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Hvammstangi can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
Dressing for Vididalstunga
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 48°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Vididalstunga gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 56°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F