Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Vieques, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in Vieques
- The closest major airport is in Vieques (VQS-Antonio Rivera Rodriguez), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Culebra (CPX-Benjamin Rivera Noriega), 15.5 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vieques
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Caracas Beach, Bioluminescent Bay, and Pata Prieta Beach. Snorkeling, taking local tours, and horseback riding are top activities, while sights to visit include Vieques Ferry Terminal and Isabel Segunda Harbor. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fort Conde de Mirasol and Munoz Rivera Square.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Vieques. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Malecón House - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Hacienda Tamarindo - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Acacia Guesthouse - This 3-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean rooms.
Dressing for Vieques
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 52.32 inches of rain falls on Vieques each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 72°F