Travelers to Vogar will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Hallgrimskirkja, Blue Lagoon, and National Museum of Iceland.
- You'll find 322 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reykjavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.), 8 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vogar
Hallgrimskirkja, Blue Lagoon, and National Museum of Iceland are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Perlan and Reykjavik City Hall.
As you start planning your visit to Vogar, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 35 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Ocean Front Villa - Less Than 20 Secs From the Shore! is located in the heart of Vogar. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Vogar can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Vogar is 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the center of Vogar. This 2.5-star hotel in Keflavik features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- The Base by Keflavik Airport is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from central Vogar. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Reykjavik can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Vogar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 54°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 55°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 46°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Vogar is 1.10 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 54°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 29°F