Visitors can enjoy all that Waikapu has to offer including the shopping, beaches, and restaurants. Kaanapali Beach, Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, and Maui Arts and Cultural Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3908 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapalua, HI (JHM-West Maui), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waikapu
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Kaanapali Beach, Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, and Maui Arts and Cultural Center. In the area, you'll also find Iao Valley State Park and Maui Ocean Center.
As you make plans for a getaway to Waikapu, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 965 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Maui Seaside Hotel is located within 3.2 mi (5.1 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Kahului features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Maui Beach Hotel is 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Kahului can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Top places to see in the area include Hookipa Beach Park, located 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city center, and Wailea Beach, which is 12.5 mi/20.1 km away.
Dressing for Waikapu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 64°F as the nighttime average
- About 17.09 inches of rain falls on Waikapu each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F