Visiting Walla Walla
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Walla Walla, and visitors give high marks for the array of wineries, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This vibrant city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- There are 125 hotels and other accommodations in Walla Walla
- The closest major airport is in Walla Walla, WA (ALW-Walla Walla Regional), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pendleton, OR (PDT-Eastern Oregon Regional), 36 mi (58 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walla Walla
The city's cultural venues include Dayton Historic Depot and Kirkman House Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Walla Walla, Whitman Mission National Historic Site, and Columbia County Courthouse. The city's natural beauty is on display at Walla Walla Valley, Rooks Park, and Lewis and Clark Trail State Park.
In Walla Walla, there are 125 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cameo Heights Mansion - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Courtyard by Marriott Walla Walla - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Dayton Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Walla Walla
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Walla Walla is 20.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 30°F