Visiting Walt Disney World® Resort
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Walt Disney World® Resort, and visitors give high marks for the theme park, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its shopping and opera houses. Top sights in the city include Walt Disney World®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Walt Disney World® Resort
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 16 mi (25.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walt Disney World® Resort
Families come for attractions such as Walt Disney World®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Walt Disney World® Resort. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando At Walt Disney World Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn - Our customers like the pool and clean, quiet rooms at this resort. This 4-star resort in Bay Lake features a marina, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Disney's Beach Club Villas - Guests who stay at this 4-star condo resort in Bay Lake can enjoy access to a marina and 3 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include SeaWorld® Orlando, located 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center, and Universal Studios Florida™, which is 9.3 mi/14.9 km away.
Dressing for Walt Disney World® Resort
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 52.01 inches of rain falls on Walt Disney World® Resort each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 48°F