Visitors can enjoy all that Wamego has to offer including the opera houses, entertainment choices, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, shopping, and restaurants.
- You'll find 40 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Manhattan
- The closest major airport is in Manhattan, KS (MHK-Manhattan Regional), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wamego
Places to visit in the larger region include Flint Hills Discovery Center, Kansas State University, and Ahearn Field House. You'll also find Memorial Stadium and Bill Synder Family Football Stadium in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Simmer Motel - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Wamego
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Wamego gets about 32.60 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F