Travelers to Waukee will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Des Moines Art Center, Salisbury House, and Science Center of Iowa.
- You'll find 149 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Des Moines
- The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 12.3 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waukee
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Des Moines Art Center, Salisbury House, and Science Center of Iowa. Additionally, in the area you'll find Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden and Iowa State Capitol Building.
As you start planning your visit to Waukee, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 59 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- 2 Bedroom 2.5 Bath Townhome in Urbandale is 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Clive features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA is located within 4.6 mi (7.4 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Clive can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Wildwood Lodge is located 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Clive features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Blank Park Zoo, located 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city center, and Iowa State Fairgrounds, which is 16.4 mi (26.5 km) away.
Dressing for Waukee
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- About 35.98 inches of rain falls on Waukee each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F