Visitors to Welland are sure to enjoy the sporting events and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, theaters, and beaches. Top sights around the area include Horseshoe Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and American Falls.
- You'll find 472 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Niagara Falls, Canada
- The closest major airport is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 25.5 mi (41 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Welland
The city's cultural venues include Merritt Park and Welland Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Seaway Mall and Welland International Flatwater Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Welland. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- At Home B&B at Rose Manor by Elevate Rooms - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and bathrooms.
- Best Western Plus Rose City Suites - Our customers love the convenient parking and central location at this aparthotel. This 2.5-star aparthotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Residence & Conference Centre - Welland - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Horseshoe Falls, located 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center, and Bridal Veil Falls, which is 10.2 mi/16.4 km away.
Dressing for Welland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Welland gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F