Visiting West Orange
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in West Orange, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its zoo, shopping, and coffeehouses. Ellis Island Immigration Museum, Ellis Island, and Statue of Liberty are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 102 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newark
- The closest major airport is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Caldwell, NJ (CDW-Essex County), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Orange
Favorite places to visit in the city include Thomas Edison National Historic Site, Eagle Rock Reservation, and Highlawn Pavilion. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Turtle Back Zoo and The Manor.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in West Orange. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn By Marriott West Orange - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Wilshire Grand Hotel - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott West Orange - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Ellis Island Immigration Museum, 11.7 mi/18.8 km from the heart of the city, and Ellis Island, which is 11.8 mi/19 km away.
Dressing for West Orange
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 46.26 inches of rain falls on West Orange each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F