Visitors can enjoy all that Wetzlar has to offer including the forests, riverfront, and theaters. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Wetzlar
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wetzlar
The picturesque setting of Colchester Park and Avignon Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Forum Wetzlar and Rosengartchen.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Wetzlar. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Arcona LIVING ERNST LEITZ HOTEL - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- City Hotel Wetzlar - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Blankenfeld - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Getting Around Wetzlar
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Wetzlar Station or Wetzlar Dutenhofen Station. Wetzlar may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wetzlar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- About 23.11 inches of rain falls on Wetzlar each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F