Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wheeling, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos, shopping, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Oglebay Park.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Wheeling
- The closest major airport is in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT-Pittsburgh Intl.), 38.6 mi (62 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wheeling
Known for its theaters, festivals, and live music, the city's cultural venues include Capitol Music Hall, Heritage Port Amphitheater, and Victoria Theater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Prabhupada's Palace of Gold, Eckhart House, and West Virginia Independence Hall. The picturesque setting of Oglebay Park and Grand Vue Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Wheeling. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sleep Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Wheeling - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wheeling at the Highlands - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Wheeling
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 38.11 inches of rain falls on Wheeling each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F