Visitors to Zandvoort are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, bars, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Nes, Zaanse Schans, and Concertgebouw.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in Zandvoort
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Zandvoort
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Zandvoort Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Circuit Park Zandvoort to your agenda.
In Zandvoort, there are 52 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Poort Beach Hotel Apartments Bloemendaal - Amenities at this 3.5-star apartment include free WiFi and parking. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Beach House Zandvoort - Our customers love the beach locale and clean rooms at this apartment. Amenities at this 3-star apartment include free WiFi and parking.
- Beachhouse Hotel - Amenities at this 3.5-star hotel include free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to visit around the area include Nes, 15.3 mi/24.7 km from the city center, and Zaanse Schans, which is 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away.
Getting Around Zandvoort
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Zandvoort aan Zee Station. Zandvoort might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Zandvoort
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- About 76.57 inches of rain falls on Zandvoort each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F